Saturday, August 17, 2013

This is how my literature class has been so far... (:

School started this week and I was nervous because I realized that the classes that I chose when I did my schedule were pretty challenging, something out of usual.

 


We had two options: chose literature in English or the typical English classes I've had since I was 6, so obviously I wanted something completely different, something that involves one of things I love in this world: reading, therefore my decision was made, I chose literature. 
 

The first day in the class, we introduced ourselves and the teacher told us that the first thing we were going to read was Manga, so I thought: "Manga in literature?, this teacher is kidding us", but no, that was our first homework. I've never read manga before and to be honest I  was not excited about that, I wanted something else. 

When I arrived home I knew I had to open my laptop and read the Manga about Naruto. I saw the first chapter and realized that Manga is black and white (so boring!), and I started to read it and in the first chapter I fell asleep, seriously. Just to think that I needed to read 9 chapters more was killing me, but I had to give it a try.


 


After the second chapter I was really into it, the story was so interesting, I couldn't stop reading!. 
The next day in class, we discussed about the first ten chapters and most of the group was participating. (: 

We realized that Naruto is a history based on Japanese culture because of so many reasons, for example, the names, I can barely pronounce/remember them, it is something completely different from my culture, but I'm enjoying this whole new thing. 

So last but not least I want to say that I'm loving Literature class, the teacher and my classmates just make it a lot more enjoyable!, also I want you to keep in mind that Literature is an important way of communication within cultures, because you can learn a lot from a culture just by reading a short history related to it!. (:



** PS: Don't get stuck in the ordinary, try different things!, never judge a book by its cover because the inside could change your way of seeing the world!. 


 "If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to become different yourself". 
-Norman Vincent Pale.




-Stay weird. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment