Monday, September 23, 2013

Formalism and Faust.

In this second partial we have to read Faust, which is a novel about a man that makes a pact with the devil, it was a really attractive option, and that's why we picked that novel. Formalism will help me understand better the literature, let's start explaining the its meaning. 
 
What is Formalism?
 
-It refers to critical approaches that analyze, interpret, or evaluate the inherent features of a text. These features include not only grammar and syntax but also literary devices such as meter and tropes. The formalist approach reduces the
importance of a text's historical, biographical and cultural context.




So, how is formalism going to help me understand better Faust?
 
-Because it allows me to have a deepest comprehension of the text. If I analyze more in depth these novel, I will understand it better and also I will be able to understand future books. And also because it's a reading that requires a lot of attention to make it understandable.
 
 

What have I liked or disliked about Faust so far?
 
-To be honest, I really like the general idea of the book, but when I started reading the book, I didn't was as excited as I used to be. I mean, it is really tedious and its also confusing. I just hope to like it during this week. 
 
 
 
 
 
-Stay Weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment