Sunday, September 1, 2013

Why is writing an essay so hard?


When the teacher tells you: "you need to write an essay about the book for the next week, is going to be part of your final grade", you feel like you are not going to make it just because you think that you're not good at writing.

But, why is writing an essay so hard?
Maybe because writing our feelings and thoughts in a piece of paper is not as easy as when we talk. You may also feel like you are limited to express your thoughts because again, it's not the same to written than spoken. 

 


Any way, whenever you are forced to write an essay, you just have to write the most important things in order to make it understandable, also you must follow a thesis statement in all the essay and in every paragraph there must be a topic sentence, therefore writing you essay shouldn't be as hard as it was in the beginning.

I am currently working in an essay, it's not done yet, and I'm struggling with it a little bit because I can't express in a paragraph (8 lines approx.) the big idea that is in my mind, so I found out that the thing that I struggle a lot with when writing an essay is to find the correct words on expressing the same thoughts I have in my mind, but without changing the meaning. 
 

But, after all, I'm enjoying it! It's a personal challenge that I have to confront, but I know that if I give my best and just try to make some outlines before, at the end I will have a good grade!

So don't give up!, think that essays help you to become more modest as a thinker, more open to error, less fixated on what you do and more respectful of what you don't. 


 "The essays that really touch us, are the ones that are deeply personal."
 -Richard Shaw.


-Stay weird. 

1 comment: